WARREN COUNTY ATTORNEY
AMY HALE MILLIKEN
Amy Hale Milliken is a lifelong resident of Bowling Green and Warren County. Amy is a graduate of Warren East High School, Western Kentucky University, and Salmon P. Chase College of Law. She began her career as a prosecutor immediately upon admission to the Bar in 1996 as an Assistant Warren County Attorney. Amy was appointed as Warren County Attorney on April 1, 2004, elected to the position in November 2004, and has consistently served in the Office through multiple terms. Amy is the first woman to be appointed and elected as Warren County Attorney.
For the last twenty-five years, Amy has worked diligently to seek justice in district and family courts, to enforce child support, and to give legal guidance to Warren Fiscal Court. Amy has been recognized for her distinguished service in child support collection by the Commonwealth and was awarded in 2012 and 2015 for her efforts as the highest performing County in the Commonwealth. Governor Matt Bevin appointed Amy to serve on the bipartisan Criminal Justice Policy Assessment Council to review criminal justice reform in Kentucky. Amy was also instrumental in the development of the Victim Impact Panel. In Warren County, any person convicted of DUI attends this panel discussion to show the true impact this type of offense has on the victims.
Amy is the mother of three daughters, Abby, Chloe, and Ruth.
Awards and Achievements
- Kentucky’s Young Lawyer of the Year, 2003
- ATHENA Award, 2008
- County Attorney of the Year, 2009
- Warren County Public Schools Hall of Distinguished Alumni, 2013
- William H. Natcher Award, 2013
- Gwyneth Davis Public Service Award, 2014
Professional and Civic Memberships
- President, Kentucky County Attorney Association, 2015-2017
- 2nd Vice President, Kentucky Association of Counties, 2019
- 1st Vice President, Kentucky Association of Counties, 2020
- Executive Board Member, Western Kentucky University Alumni Association
- Past Board Member, Hope Harbor, Inc.
- Past Board Member, Family Enrichment Center
- Past Board Member, Baren River Child Advocacy Center
- Past Board Member and Board President, CASA